Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What Love Really Means

Explore the foundation

When couples come to me for pre-marital counseling, I sometimes ask: "Why do you
want to get married?" They always seem to give me the big reason; and the big reason
is always the same. What do they say? "We love each other." Then I ask a very unfair
question: "Tell me, What do you mean by that?" There is silence. Then, one will
say, "Oh... you know!"
I guess maybe I do know. I think they are talking about a euphoric emotion that
makes them oblivious to reality. They are the happiest they have ever been. What
they don't know is that the euphoric feelings will last for two years and then
they must find another foundation for marriage. Wouldn't it be better to explore
that foundation before they get married?

What is love?
One definition says, "Love is the feeling that you feel when you feel a feeling
like you've never felt before." If that is your definition of love, I can tell you,
that kind of love will never lead you to a life-long marriage. The euphoric feelings
are temporary. It is interesting that in Eph. 5:25, husbands are commanded to love
their wives. If the intense feelings of love were permanent, why would God command
a husband to love his wife?

The fact is, the euphoric feelings are not permanent and love is not a feeling, but an attitude,
with appropriate behavior. Love is the attitude which says, "I'm married to you,
so what can I do to help you? Love is choosing to be kind, and supportive. Is that
your attitude?

Love as a way of life
Most people get married based on love. However their concept of love often focuses
on feelings. I read one definition which said, "Love is a four-letter word composed
of two consonants, L and V; two vowels, O and E; and two fools, you and me." There
is some truth to that, and fools often make poor decisions.
In the Bible, love is not a euphoric feeling, but a way of life. In Titus chapter
two, the older women are instructed to teach the young wives to love their husbands.
This implies that love can be learned. It is not something that happens to you.
It is something you choose. Once you choose to love, then you look for appropriate
ways to express it
This kind of love will lead you to a life-long productive marriage.

Learning to love
"I don't love her anymore." How many times have I heard that in my office! What
is that supposed to mean? Usually, it means that he has lost the euphoric feelings
he had for her when they got married. And that their differences have emerged and
ended in arguments. The fact is, everyone loses the euphoric feelings. They usually
last for only two years.
Then, we must learn to love. We must choose to treat each other with respect. We
must listen to differences of opinion and try to find a solution. We must learn
to work together as a team; using our differences for the benefit of the team.
This attitude is commanded by God.

Love that makes marriage enjoyable
Would you like to know what love looks like in a marriage? Then, turn to  I Corinthians
chapter 13
. Listen to these words: "Love is patient and  kind; is not arrogant or
rude; It does not insist on it's own way; it is  not resentful; Love does not bring
up past failures, but chooses to  forgive." Does this describe your attitude and
treatment of your spouse?
This  is the kind of love that makes for happy marriages. Love focuses on  meeting
the needs of the spouse; helping them succeed; listening to  their thoughts and
feelings.  In short, it is giving your life away for  your spouse. That is precisely
what Christ did for us, and it is what  husbands are instructed to do for their
wives. Love is powerful.

Share your questions, thoughts, insights, or comments:

Pastor Eric Otieno,
The Senior Pastor of Deliverance Church,
Bombolulu, Mombasa.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Speak, Speak, and Speak... the Word of God in your Situation

John 1:1-3
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Christians have been given power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt them. Just as God spoke and the heavens and the earth came into being, we should also speak to every situation in our lives.

Speaking empowers the Spirit to act on our behalf and until we speak the Spirit is inactive waiting for the Word from our mouths. So long as we speak the Word of God in our situations; the Spirit is always ready to perform it.

The Word of God was with God in the beginning. The Word was God and so God cannot be separated from the Word. All things were made by the Word and when God made all things, He saw them as good and beautiful. What is not good and beautiful in your life need to be rectified by speaking the Word of God upon it. Just like God spoke to a formless, void and dark earth and it became good and beautiful; we should also prophesy to our formless, void and dark lives today.

Having allowed Jesus as King in our lives, means that we have actually allowed the Word in us. So, let our mouths speak the Word because the Word is empowered by Jesus Himself. When the Word gets firmly rooted in our hearts, it grows until it starts producing fruit and that fruit is the one we usually speak (Proverbs 18:20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. 21. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof). Do you desire satisfaction? Increasingly feed on the Word, let it sink deep, soak yourself in the Word, meditate on it, let it grow in you, then when it starts producing fruit, speak it and you shall definitely be satisfied. Remember that this has to be a daily discipline if you want to be fully satisfied.

Joshua 1:8. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Procedure of pumping the Word in your spirit
1. Read the Word daily in order to have know the Word
2. Study the Word daily in order to gain deep knowledge and understanding of the Word.
3. Meditate on the Word daily to attain wisdom of how you will apply the knowledge you gained after reading and studying the Word
4. Speak the Word daily to get results of good success and prosperity. Remember that you cannot speak the Word if you do not have knowledge of what it says. In order to speak the Word, you must read, study and meditate on it. Speaking the Word of God will change even the most hopeless situations. When God spoke in the beginning, everything was good and beautiful. Whatever is not like it was in the beginning is acting against the Word of God and need to be rectified by the Word of God spoken by a Spirit filled (Jesus filled or Word filled ) Christian like you.
5. Do the Word Daily. Faith is seeing beyond your circumstances. Circumstances change, but he Word of God does not. Faith comes by hearing God’s Word and the more of it you hear; the more your faith grows. However, it is not enough just to hear God’s Word. You must practice it. Faith is increased when you exercise it. Don’t just speak it... Do it! Learn how to work your faith. Read Romans 10:17 and James 2:26.

Prayer is also an integral part of any successful Christian. I urge you to take a pen and paper and write down the 5 steps listed above with an intention of carrying them out and applying them in your life daily and consistently. Form a habit of being a success.

Author: Grace Kariuki

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sowing the Word of God

 4.  And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
 5.  Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
 6.  And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
 7.  And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
 8.  But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
 9.  Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

As Christians we are farmers in the vineyard of God. God has already prepared the ground of the vineyard by giving Jesus Christ. God has given us all the tools we need to work on His vineyard. He has given us the Holy Spirit,  the blood of Jesus and  the testimony of His Word in our lives.

Our only commission is to sow the seeds of the life we received in Christ into the souls of people. It isn't our business to know whether the seed will sprout or not, but our main agenda is to sow. It is shouldn't also be our concern where the seed falls, because that is beyond our control, but our determination should be to take the seed to the soil that God has prepared. When sharing the Word of God (which is the seed), we should share it generously with anybody we come across, no matter whether they are ready to receive it not. Share the word with hardcore criminals, religious extremist, people hardened in sin, devil worshippers, prostitutes, murderers etc. Literally share  with everybody no matter of their beliefs, social status or creed and let the Holy Spirit do the conviction.

You cannot change any person not even your spouse and if you try to change people, they become even more rebellious and see you as a threat. Value people for who they are and the best you can do is to be that great person that affect their lives for Christ.

The Roadside
We have to know that as we preach the Word, the devil is always waiting around to steal the Word from people's hearts. It is our responsibility to consistently keep sowing and urging the listeners not to let the devil steal the word from them

Stony Places
When the Word falls on people hardened in sin, it makes no impression and it never suffers to take root. When you realise that the people you are sharing with are hardened in sin, you should pray to God to soften their hearts and give them a heart of flesh so that they can  be  able to receive the Word. There shouldn't be an excuse for you not to share the Word, but to continue doing it until with time God softens their hearts through the Word they get.

Ezekiel 11:19-20
19.  And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
 20.  That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Thorny ground
The thorny ground represents believers who when the Word is preached, they don't  concentrate because  their  minds are somewhere else because there are some challenges they need to overcome in life. Even if the sermon was very powerful, and it ministered to them, the devil takes their mind away  and they don't actually reach a point where they are able to apply the Word preached to get results. If you are believer who falls in this category, go back to the Word of God and search it passionately and receive it in your heart, so that you can get results in you Christian life. This will help you recover all that which has been stolen. Do not allow the devil to steal the Word of God from you and retard your growth in Christ. Do not let the cares of life, high life style, deceitfulness of riches take away the sweetness of having a deep relationship with God. 

Good ground
The good ground represents believers who are focused of God, those who are not distracted by the cares, the riches or even problems from having a strong productive life in Christ. These are believers who are consistent in seeking God, sharing the Word, in prayer, in applying the Word, in spiritual warfare without fail. Their only business is the business of God in their lives. These are people who are ready to die for the truth, people who will never compromise  and they guard their faith passionately.

God bless you as you pursue a  productive life. Have a nice weekend

Author: Grace W. Kariuki

Monday, October 18, 2010


Philippians 3: 13-14
13.  Brethren,  I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Don't live in your yesterdays. You can't change the past, but you can look to your future and anticipate great blessings. Therefore, forgive, be healed, pray about it, repent if you need to and MOVE ON!
Let go of the anger. Let go of the pain. Let go of the guilt. Don't become a prisoner of your past. MOVE ON!

The devil always wants us to remember our past, to remember our past mistakes and our bad deeds so that he can retard our growth in Christ. When the devil reminds you of your past tell him that your past is buried and now you are a new creature, redeemed and changed by Jesus. Jesus did not choose us because we were perfect, but He choose us because He loved us, though we were wretched, pitiful. and fallen. He then made us His and washed us by His precious blood and gave us a new song- amazing grace.

Remember, your testimony and the blood of the Lamb is our greatest weapon against the devil. Make use of it and MOVE ON.

By Grace

Tuesday, October 12, 2010


Last week I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old son asked if he could say grace.
As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good. God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all!
Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice-cream! Why, I never!"
Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"
As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table. He winked at my son and said,
"I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."
"Really?" my son asked.
"Cross my heart," the man replied.
Then in a theatrical whisper he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment
and then did something I will remember the rest of my life. He picked up his sundae and without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her,
"Here, this is for you.Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already."


She smiled at a sorrowful stranger...
The smile seemed to make him feel better...
He remembered past kindnesses of a friend
And wrote him a thank you letter...
The friend was so pleased with the thank you
That he left a large tip after lunch...
The waitress, surprised by the size of the tip,
Bet the whole thing on a hunch...
The next day she picked up her winnings,
And gave part to a man on the street...
The man on the street was grateful;
For two days he'd had nothing to eat...
After he finished his dinner,
He left for his small dingy room...
He didn't know at that moment
That he might be facing his doom...
On the way he picked up a shivering puppy
And took him home to get warm...
The puppy was very grateful
To be in out of the storm...
That night the house caught on fire...
The puppy barked the alarm...
He barked till he woke the whole household
And saved everybody from harm...
One of the boys that he rescued
Grew up to be President...
All this because of a simple smile
That hadn't cost a cent...

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Important Question

During my second month of nursing school, our professor gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until I read the last one:

'What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"

Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50s, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade. Absolutely, said the professor. "In your careers you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello". I've never forgotten that lesson.

I also learned her name was Dorothy.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life is Like a Cup of Coffee

A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.

Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to the coffee.

When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said: "If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups have been taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.

Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups... And then you began eyeing each other's cups.

Now consider this: Life is the coffee; the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of life we live.

Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee. Savor the coffee, not the cups! The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything. Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Friday, September 3, 2010

The Devil's Most Popular Strategy

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth(trains) my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:



The devil knows that a divided house cannot stand. This is the reason why he uses divisions in church by using Christians to war against their own brethren, which  of course strengthens the devil.

The devil causes divisions on every possible level of relationship.

  • Churches with each other relationship. In the church Christians become overly judgmental and even think they are being used of God to fight others. Instead of helping the wounded soldier, they hurt them even more by being judgmental because they think that they fell because they were under God's judgment. In so doing they help the devil by attacking their fellow Christians. I have seen a case whereby a ‘pastor’ targets the weak vulnerable members by luring them to sin with him by disguising himself as kind, comforting and caring. Such type of people are used of the devil to even hurt the wounded ones more and more and therefore pushing them farther and farther from God. This is usually very easy to happen because the wounded ones are imprisoned by fear, depression, condemnation and shame. Being true servants of God, let us identify such Christians so as to be able to help, encourage and pray for them to stand firm in faith and to receive deliverance from bonds of shame, guilt, condemnation and shame.

  • Congregation with their pastor relationship. If there is no unity between the pastor and the congregation, blessings of God are hindered and the work of God is affected.Unity is power.

  • Husband and wife relationship. If you are a married couple and you find yourself going for a day, a week, a month or even an year without communication in the house, you should know that you are under attack. In most cases, when ladies are upset, they resort to cold war whereby they don't talk to their spouse. This kind of thing is very common in most marriages because people don't realize that it is the strongest weapons in the devil’s armoury – silence. Silence between married people gives the devil a chance to work in the minds of each one of them putting a wide wedge between you. Ladies, cheer up when your husband arrives home, welcome him warmly even if you are upset about something. Later, when he is jovial, rested and happy, then you can discuss what you are upset about. I promise you that he will be willing to listen and to do something about it when the atmosphere is jovial, cozy, welcoming  and appealing than when the atmosphere is tense  and scaring. Ephesians 4:26 commands,  Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath. Psalms 133 says that God will command the blessing, even life for evermore to a home where brethren dwell together in unity. I don't want to be the reason of God not blessing me by not embracing unity and love in my home.

  • children and parent relationship

  • children with each other relationship

Christians Most Effective Strategy

Courage and unity

Christians should learn to fight in unity against the devil. They should group up for war, fully armoured.

  • Unity causes courage to spread throughout the army of God.

  • Unity causes every soldier of God to be determined to stand and fight

  • unity causes the angels of God to come and stand together with the army of God. When angelic enforcement is there, it is definitely a sure way to victory.

  • Unity consequently turns despair to faith which pleases God who is provoked to give deliverance

  • Being united when we worship God makes the glory of God to come upon us and so we are surrounded all around by the glory of God. No enemy can withstand the glory of God.

  • When Christians reach the level of ' the unity of the brethren', the battle is won fast. Since the devil knows this fact, he fights the unity of brethren so that he can capitalize on divisions

Fight for Salvation

  • When we fight as Christians, let us fight for the sake of the kingdom of God, the truth, and the love for the lost

  • When we fight for salvation, let us fight against those evil spirits holding the lost captives and as we do that, the lost will be let loose, their eyes will be opened and they will eventually see the light and come towards the light having woken from the deception of the devil

send in your comment through christlove blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God Cannot Be Mocked

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

God cannot be mocked meaning that His word is true so where we sow is where we reap. If we continue to honor God and sow into our relationship with Him, we will reap a harvest of blessings (Psalm 137:4). And, as we continue to bless others, we will reap from that. Thank You God that we sow to please the Spirit!!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you have a family Altar?

The Altar at Home: Prayers for the Family and the ClosetSometimes back a friend was sharing with me about a pastor who never had breakthrough in his family life and in the mininistry. When the pastor resorted to seeking God about it, God told him it was because he had no family altar, where they could pray, read the Word, share and woship together as a family. When the pastor did what God told him, things changed drastically for the better.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9
6. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
9. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
The bible is our reference book as Christians. Deuteronomy 6:6-9 teaches us how we are supposed to handle things in the home as far as things of God are concerned. Not having a family altar is making things complicated for the family and it is like sealing our own fate.
Children learn by example faster than by instructions. Praying and reading the bible daily with the children gives them a good foundation and an opportunity to understand the Word of God. The Word of God will always remain in their hearts even when they are old. If at one time they might be rebellious, the Word will always pop up in their minds and hearts as a warning – it will always linger in their lives forever. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Praying and believing God together as a family in unity is powerful and dynamic. It generate spiritual enforcement and anointing that you can never imagine. It changes the spiritual atmosphere in the environs to the kingship of Jesus. As time passes by, even the  neighbours start responding to God’s will and lordship. Things are propelled toward glorious deliverance and power. United family time with God lifts the faith of the family members when they see God has answered a need they prayed for. This is how some big power packed churches started - just by a family altar. This is becasue charity(love) begins at home.
If your family is fragmented because of issues here and there, then family altar is the in thing, where you shall invite and allow God to take over and work out the much needed reconciliation. It is the solution for broken families, broken relationships and about to break families because once you invite the Prince of peace, He comes along with His peace. Family altar prayers can bring back home a wayward wife or husband, a lost child and many more.
There are things that God can only do at the family altar forum. One of  these things is commanding blessings. When your refer to Psalms 133. 1-3, the bible says that God will command a blessing, even life for evermore to a family that dwells together in unity - this is because unity in faith, in prayer, in worship, in word, in action and in purpose brings such an explosive anointing which runs to generations of that family. That family never again walks under dry heaven, but the dew of heaven satisfies them. If all families would heed to this call, then we would eventually have spiritually strong churches and hence a spiritually strong  nation.

  • Do you want a breakthrough in your life? Start a family altar now. It is better late than never.
  • Do you want God's presence in your home and it's neighbourhood? Do as the scriptures command, propagate the gospel from the grassroots.
  • Do you want peace within family members? Set quiet time with God. 
Ways to do a family altar
  • All family members should be taught to respect the family altar time
  • You can decide that all members will be leading  the family altar in turns. One member preaches, another one leads the worship, another one reads the Word etc. These helps each member to search the Word of God before hand if he/she will be preaching.
  • Agree on days when the family should seek God in prayer and fasting. Although this should be done discretely especially if children are involved and are not yet saved. Always encourage voluntary fasting for the children but don’t impose it on them.
  • Make it an established, set apart time with God, where everything and everyone focuses on worshipping God only the Almighty.
  • Apart from setting time for family altar, learn to talk and teach about God as you sit, as you walk, as you work, as you rise and as you lie down. Put stickers and posters with the Word of God in your house as a reminder. Unfortunately, most our time is preoccupied with television and other activities that eventually make us spiritually starved and prone to demonic attacks
  • If no one will take the initiative to start a family altar, you can start it irrespective of who you are in the family, even if you are alone in this. Once you start, the rest will follow suit.

Seventeen years ago, my baby was very sick and he was supposed to be operated on in a week's time. When we went to the house of the pastor of church we were fellowshipping concerning our predicament, they advised us that we would be taking our son to the hospital on a weekly basis clinic, claiming that their son also have the same problem and that is what they used to do.  As we went home that day, we knew our hope was in God only. 

So, that evening, me and my husband agreed, we tore off the operation appointment letter we were given by the doctor and started praying. Ignoring the crying child who was in great pain, we laboured in prayer declaring good health and burying that disease forever through the blood of Jesus. After a long prayer session, the child was a bit comfortable and so we slept. The boy got healed. He is now eighteen years old, very healthy and there are no cuts on his body because of Jesus. We never took him for those weekly clinics because we trusted God, who sends His Word and heals our diseases.Hallelujah!

I don't mean that you should not go to your pastor if need be, but you should also learn to go before God and beseech Him for your needs as a family. If we had not learnt to have family altar and how to apply the Word of God, we would have been stranded on how to handle the situation considering the advise we got from our pastor. Maybe we would have opted to go ahead with the operation. Always remember that Jesus is always there for you, focus on Him alone and not on any other. HE IS ABLE.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thank God for the Small Things

1 Timothy 6:6-8 
6. But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

If you say that you don't have anything to thank God for, I am greatly amazed! Learn to thank God for things that we consider small and usually take them for granted. In the real sense, the things that we take for granted are usually very very important. Learn to enjoy what God has already given you now, for you may never know the importance of something, until you loss it.

At our lower side of life, we actually realise the ever present help of God and His unfailing love. It helps us even get more closer to God and to reality than when we are fully fed.

When one is mighty and very blessed, there is always that temptation to focus on the blessings rather than the blesser and so their relationship with God is affected and continues to deteriorate.

Proverbs 30:8-9
8. Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
9. Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
Do you really mean you don’t have anything to thank God for?

  • What about the food you ate last night? Thought it was not your favourite or your choice, remember that some people had to go to bed on an empty stomach. Instead thank God for it and share your food with the hungry and God will bless you.
  • What about the breath of life He gave you this morning? There are some people who have been put under a respirator machine to help them breath and there also some who died today. Refer to ""we don't have a signed contract with God as to when we should die". Instead of complaining about life, thank God for the breath of life, start sharing your live with others and make a difference in people's lives.
  • Could it be you are getting peanuts in the job you have right now? Thank God for the job you already have to allow God to open another door for you because there is somebody who is jobless and in heavy debts.
  • Are you asking God for a a fashionable outfit that you like? Thought it is not bad to do that, but remember to thank God for the outfits you already have in your wardrobe, for there are those who just have one outfit, such that they have to wash it at night for it to dry. Instead, start sharing your extra outfits with the naked and God will bless you.
  • As a youth, you may be sad that you parents are unreasonable and very strict. Thank God for them and God will start changing them, for there are children out there who never saw their parents for they died. Instead start showing love to the orphans and appreciating your own parents no matter how they are.
  • If you are a parent and are stressed because of your children, don't get stressed anymore. Instead, start thanking God for them, for they are women who don't have even a single fruit of the womb and have to bear the shame of barrenness and loneliness. As you thank God for your children and also pray for those who are trusting God for children, God will work wonders in you children.
  • Stop complaining about your spouse. Think about the wonderful times you have had together before you think about the faults of your spouse. Remember that you also have your faults and flaws. More importantly, remember that love covers a multitude of sins. Change the tune, and start singing good about your spouse. As you start thanking God and seeking for unity and peace, God will command blessings in your home. Refer to Psalms 133:1-3
  • You could be unhappy with your neighbours because of one thing or another. Thank God for your neighbours for God has put them there for a purpose. As you thank God for them, He will work out things for you. One day my little son got lost, neighbours helped me look for Him in the neighbourhood without success. Later we found Him being brought home by a woman who stayed a bit far from our house, but God used her. Neighbours are very very important.
  • Do you complain about your looks? Honour God because He has given you eyes to see how you look like, there are people who are blind and they have no idea how they look like. Nevertheless, meditate on Psalms 139:14 (I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well). By the time you finish meditating on Psalms 139:14, you will realise that it was not about how you look, but it was all about your attitude and you inability to identify yourself with God to see your worth. Therefore, start praising God for who you are and for whom God has uniquely created you to be.  Isaiah 43:4 confirms that you are precious, loved and honoured.
  • One might take the simple act of going the toilet as normal and insignificant, but thank God for it for they are people who have to make many trips to the hospital for dialysis in order for waste material to be removed from their bodies
  • Thank God for the environment and take good care of it. Don’t take it for granted because you need a clean and beautiful environment to survive.

Feel free to comment through http://christloveforworld.blogspot.com/ by clicking comment. May God bless you all as you learn to appreciate all things in life, including the small things and those that  are usually taken for granted. Shalom.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Winter Hideaway in Mombasa, Seeing God's Glorious Creation

Kenyan Historical Landmark, The Fort Jesus Museum
Mombasa City, Kenya (East Africa) 
Roughly the size of Texas, Kenya has dedicated 10 % of its land to wildlife conservation. The Great Rift Valley and its spectacularly dramatic scenery are beyond words in Africa.

Fort Jesus has preserved the primary formation as when it was put up 400 years ago. It has suffered a history of murder, siege, starvation and bombardment. It is a delight for holidaymakers and if you leave Mombasa without visiting this major landmark in the history of East Africa you may find it a cause for regret. Mombasa is a seaport, industrial city on the Indian Ocean

The region remains very proud of its multinational influences over a thousand years. The unmatched Swahili cuisine, a blend of co-existing Christian and Muslim religions, multiracial cultures and exquisite historical architecture give a hint of the multi-racial people that existed in the 18th and 19th century and still have an effect in the way people live here. People are very friendly and helpful. They are genuinely concerned about giving directions to visitors.

The region is at the centre of a strip of idyllic tropical beaches offering the visitor a range of excellent resorts and quiet relaxing hideaways from winter in Europe. If you enjoy sunbathing, this is your destination. It offers a wide range of accommodation – from the exclusive and luxurious resorts, to the middle-of-the-range hotels. You can get the information from a tour company.

Just next to the fort is a well-stocked stall, where you can buy assortment of Kenyan tribes’ curios and traditional clothes - ranging from Maasai, Swahili, Pokot, Kamba, Kikuyu, and Giriama among others. You can decide to indulge in a cocktail under the shade and breath the cool breeze from the nearby sea as you hear the soothing Swahili music at the background.

In the museum gift shop, you can buy selected publications (cards, books, etc) and souvenirs (African crafts). The cafeteria offers a complete variety of delicious Swahili cuisines and soft drinks. The mouth-watering spiced rice, locally called pilau – its sweet smell is mouth whetting.
Other Places To Visit In Kenya

Haller Park/Nature Trail is a recreational quarry at the warmer coast, which is good destination for families. Expect sightings of giraffes, onyxes, monkeys, porcupines, giant tortoises, hippopotamus, snakes etc. Activities involve leisure walks, jogging, cycling etc. Butterfly bleeding session is available for those who enjoy nature. Don’t forget to buy striking clamshells to crown the occasion (after excavation, fossils were and are still found)

Enjoy a tour to the sea (Indian Ocean) in tamarind dhow. Music played and succulent dinner makes it good site for a romantic couple.

At Nakuru, the trademark feature of Lake Nakuru inhabits beautiful pink flamingos in large numbers.

It is amazing to see the wildebeest migration, in Kenya’s Maasai Mara Game Reserve Visit the Mara and Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park for the wonderful experience.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

We don't have a signed contract with God as to When we should die

Psalms 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

What would you do if God would come and tell you the day of your death is tomorrow?
* May be you would get saved and start living right
* May be you would go to those you have hurt and ask for forgiveness
* May be you would start spending more time with your family and friends
* May be you would start praying to God to reconsider his decision like Hezekiah of old did
* May be you would spend abundance time with God in prayer and fasting
* May be you would start being loving and considerate to others
* May be you would as it were put you house in order by writing a will

You see, since we do not know the day of our death, we are to live our lives as if we will be dying tomorrow, knowing that the day and the hour is in the hands of the Almighty, the giver of life.

May God help us to live one day at time. Calculating our salvation with fear and trembling for the calling that we have received from God is worthy.

We have not signed a contract with God as to when we will die and so we should ask God to teach us to number our days so that we may live in wisdom. God gave Solomon a wise and an understand heart because Solomon neither asked him for long life, nor for riches, nor for the lives of his enemies. Wisdom comes along with what it entails and in Solomon's case it came along with riches and other blessings.

In Psalms 91:14-16, God has promised us long life, if we set our love upon him and acknowledge His name.
In Proverbs 4:1-2, God continues to promise us long life filled with peace, if we forget not His law and keep in our hearts His commandments.

The conclusion of the matter is;

1 Corinthians 15:55-57

55. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

We who are in the Lord Jesus will not fear death, for there is life after the grave, where we shall live forever with our Lord and King Jesus beholding His glory and worshipping Him. We should be steadfast, unmoveable, and do the work of the Lord for our labour in the Lord in not in vain for we have victory over death through Jesus Christ.

* You only fear death if your sins are not forgiven and if you have not made peace with your maker. God is gracious and loving, always waiting with open hands to save.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Godly principles about Giving

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Deuteronomy 28:12 The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

God is a giver by nature and since He is our father, we should be givers, like the saying goes - like Father like son. Giving is godliness. If you are a giver, do you measure up to the life you are living. Giving should be a lifestyle. Check our your giving and see where you are lacking. A real giver does not have to wait to be told to give, he/she gives spontaneously. May God help us take the nature of our Father, and so be like Him by being givers.

Sometimes when I read Deuteronomy 28:12, I ask myself, do I really deserve that God should bless me? Am I doing as it is required. Am I following the principles that God has set? For God to really bless the works of our hands, we should show God the works that He should bless.

Who is a real giver?
  • One who understand that we first have to give ourselves first to God
  • One that prepares before going to church what to give because he treats giving as worship to God
  • One who does not give out of being compelled or persuaded to give, but gives out of a willing and cheerful heart. (I am of the opinion that Christians should not be compelled, persuaded, pushed to give. Instead, they should be taught the plain Word of God about giving, because when one gives out of compulsion, then no blessing should be expected)
  • One who understands that giving is a privilege to enable us partake of the blessings of God
  • One who understands that giving is one way of showing our gratitudes to God, showing our love to God, to show our commitment to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ, and to share the love of Jesus Christ with others
  • One who understands that God is not lacking in anything. He is a rich God and we can never outsmart Him in anyway. It is only that He has given us a privilege to give so as to be partakers in His blessings. Remembering that the resources we have, He is the one who has graciously given to us
  • One who understands that we cannot bribe God in order for Him to bless us. Some preachers tell people to give a certain amount of money and they will in return receive it back multiplied. Of course when we give to God, He multiplies our blessings but when giving our attitudes and hearts have to be right with God because God can never be bribed in exchange of promotion, healing, anointing etc

Refer to Acts 8:18-21

18. And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19. Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.


Your are welcome to comment on this very sensitive topic by clicking comment on the christlove blog at the end of this article

Monday, June 28, 2010

Learn the Language of God

Psalms 34:10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

For us to communicate with God effectively, we need to learn the language of God. I don't mean that God does not understand all earthly languages, but what I mean is that the only official and the only applicable language for God is THE WORD OF GOD. Just as the only official, applicable currency on the counters of heaven is faith.

We usually neglect prayers and when we pray, we pray badly. Tell God what  you want in His language (The WORD of God). For you to talk to God in His only applicable language, you need to learn the language of God so that you can be able to talk to Him in His language. God’s language is the WORD of God.

Learn to stand in the Word by faith. Let it always be your behaviour, that every time you are asking God for something, use a scripture to claim it from God. God has not changed, He remains the same forever. Our success comes not from anointing oil but from the Word of God that we apply in our lives. When we do as required, the bible says that we will not lack any good thing. This will only happen when we seek the Lord, with all our hearts and all our souls.

God wants us to discover of the unspeakable many treasures laid down in His Word by searching, seeking, meditating the Word and then applying it in our lives IN FAITH. God is not interested in lazy people who do want to work hard searching His Word as one passionately searches for a hidden treasure.

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name

The fact that God magnifies His Word above all His name is evidence enough to tell us since He is the Word Himself, we have to learn His Word, because He gives precedence to His Word than He does to His Name

Feel free to comment through http://christloveforworld.blogspot.com/  blog by clicking comment.

Author: Grace W. K.

Friday, June 25, 2010


Can I get an Amen?
Thank you!

Dear GOD,
I want to thank You for what you have already done.
Believe it or not, all the good things you've been running after, they will start to run after you now .
I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards,
I am going to thank you right now.
I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better,
I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me,

I am thanking you right now.
I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears, I am thanking you right now
I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves,
I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet, I am going to thank you right now.
I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job,
I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief,
I am going to thank you right now. .
I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed.

I am thanking you right now.

I am thanking you because I am alive.

I am thanking you because I made it through the day's difficulties.

I am thanking you because I have walked around the obstacles.

I am thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more
and do better.
I'm thanking you because FATHER, YOU haven't given up on me.

God is just so good and he's good all the time.

This morning I knocked at Heavens door, God asked me... My CHILD...
what can I do for you?" and I said "Daddy please protect and bless the one reading this message.
God smiled and answered....
"request granted"

Author: SHIKU

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Simple act of Kindness


Kindness: Reaching Out to Others, 6 Studies for Groups or Individuals (Fruit of the Spirit Bible Studies)James 2:1-5
1. My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
2. For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
3. And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
4. Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
5. Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

Maybe when we read this scripture, we think that it is not directed to us because we don't do what the scripture is condemning, but wait a minute - please read through. We may not tell the poor person to sit under our feet or stand outside literally, but we act or do some things that suggest that.
  • People usually come to church well groomed and very smart, but imagine a situation where somebody who is roughly dressed and dirty appears and sits in church. In so many instances, the facial expressions people make clearly show that they don't feel comfortable, they keep turning their heads and staring at that person as if to suggest something is wrong. Who said that only the mouth talks, even the facial expressions talks too and clearly shows what thoughts are running across the mind.
  •  Refer to Luke 7:39  Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner. The Pharisee's attitude was that he was more righteous that the woman who was crying before Jesus. Let us see others as creation of God, and candidates of salvation even when they are not saved yet. Even the worst sinner can respond to love, and change and get reformed. For the power of love is explosive like a dynamite and nobody can resist it’s blast.
  • God is very much concerned on how we treat others and how we wrongly judge them. Just like God is not a respector of persons, we Christians need to have the same mind, the mind of God. We should not respect people because of their status in the society, but we should love and treasure them because they are God's creation. We should love and be merciful to all irrespective of their appearances, knowing that God has chosen the poor, rich in faith, to be heirs of His kingdom also, even those whom some among their brethren despised and oppressed. Showing kindness to the poor does not hurt. Relating and helping them shows that you have respect for God. On the other hand, not helping the poor and behaving as if we are important than them, dis-respects God who has brought them in existence.
  • If you are looking for someone to help, go to the poor, because when you do, you will not expect something in return. When I say helping them, I don't necessarily mean financial assistance (though it would also come in handy), but becoming their friends, encouraging them, calling them, praying for them, listening to them, visiting them, giving them a smile, brightening their lives, showing them kindness, the list is endless.  So many times we don't want to be associated or even to socialize with the lowly, we look for people who are in our 'class'. The bible is very clear about this and even calls it a sin according to James 2:9. God loves the poor and the needy, He is very displeased when we ignore them. Helping and appreciating the poor is a service to God, and God looks with favour to those who do it. Refer to Acts 10:1-4 and see that simple acts of kindness can open new doors for God to bless you, your family and your future generations, because it provokes God into action.
  • Partiality spirit is unfortunately working in churches and in families too. Parents are also guilty of favouring some children and leaving others out because of their performance in school or in life, causing some to suffer rejection instead of receiving love in their families. Some Pastors categorize their members as big and small, showing regard to the rich and despising the poor; God forbid that this should happen in the house of God. We are all children of God irrespective of of our social status. All of us according to psalms 139:14, are wonderfully and fearfully made.
  • Ask yourself today, when you see people, do you categorize them according to where they live, how they are dressed, their rank, their age, their gender, their appearances, their looks, their tribe? Do you either include or exclude them quietly (thought-wise and action-wise) based on these things?
  • All of us are important before God and no one is more important than the other. Next time you meet that street boy, or that street family , or a sick man, or a physically challenged person, remember the kindness of God, who loved us unconditionally when we were yet sinners and gave His only begotten Son to die for us. Show them kindness on your Father's behalf because your Father is a kind God.
Please contribute to simple acts of kindness that you can show to people and how you can cultivate the character of kindness through this blog  by clicking comment at the end of this article and God will bless you.

Sunday, June 6, 2010


Dear God, I called tonight
to talk a little while,
I need a friend who’ll listen
to my anxiety and trial.

You see, I can’t quite make it
through the day just on my own.
I need your love to guide me
so I’ll never feel alone.
I want to ask you please to keep,
my family safe and sound.
Come and fill their lives with confidence
for whatever fate they are bound.
Give me faith, dear God, to face
each hour throughout the day,
And not to worry over things
I can’t change in any way.
I thank you God, for being home
and listening to my call.
for giving me such good advice
when I stumble and fall.
Your number, God, is the only one
that answers every time.
I never get a busy signal,
never had to pay a dime.
So thank you, God, for listening to
my troubles and my sorrow.
Good night God, I love you too,
and I’ll call again tomorrow.


..."Peace > be with you!"John 20:19
> How would
> you respond to a group of fellow workers if you were their
> leader and you
> poured your life into them, teaching them all you know for
> three years, only to
> have them disband and go their own way when troubles came?
> What would you say
> to them after you were reunited for the first time? Perhaps
> you might scold
> them. Perhaps you might cite each one's offense. At the
> least, you might shame
> them for their lack of faithfulness and courage.
> After Jesus
> was crucified and raised from the dead, He appeared to the
> disciples. His first
> words to them were, "Peace be with you!"

The word > grace means > "unmerited favor." When someone loves you
> unconditionally, without
> regard to your behavior in return, it becomes a powerful
> force in your life. Such
> was the case for the disciples when Jesus appeared to them.
> They could have
> expected reprimand. Instead, they received unconditional
> love and acceptance.
> He was overjoyed to see them. They were equally overjoyed
> to see Him.
> Jesus
> understood that the disciples needed to fail Him as part of
> their training. It
> would be this failure that became their greatest motivation
> for service.
> Failure allowed them to experience incredible grace for the
> very first time.
> Grace would transform them as human beings.
> Have > you experienced this grace in your life? Have you extended > grace to those who > have hurt you? Can you let go of any wrongs that have come
> through friends or
> associates? The grace you extend may change their lives - > and yours.